It has taken many long hours of hard work, but the official launch of boardprospects.com is finally here. What started as an idea a few years ago to improve boardroom recruitment is now a reality. BoardProspects is a boardroom recruitment platform for non-profit, private and public companies. The venture results from my own experiences with boardroom recruitment and wanting to move beyond the “who do you know?” conversation that happens yearly around the boardroom table, and instead create a 2-way platform where boards and prospects could search/connect with each other to find the perfect boardroom fit.
To coincide with the announcement of our launch, BoardProspects will be presenting today at TechCrunch Disrupt in San Francisco, one of the largest technology conferences in the world.
As a start-up, social media-based website, we must build a critical mass of boards and prospects as members on the site. Here is how you can help:
- Register and create a profile. It’s free and will only take a few moments.
- If you serve on a board or directors/trustees, encourage that board to create a profile. boardprospects.com will improve their ability to attract great board members and volunteers.
- Spread the word about BoardProspects to your friends, family and colleagues through email, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
BoardProspects transforms boardroom recruitment and fortifies existing boards of directors through the following features:
- BoardSearch – A two-way search function, matching prospects and boards based on the expertise and background that BoardProspects members submit in order to create profiles on the site.
- BoardBlogs – A consistent stream of educational blogs from leading, independent experts, relevant to the roles and responsibilities of boards.
- BoardMoves – An aggregation of news, hires, and developments, posted by participating boards and prospects.
- BoardNews – A feed of breaking news about boards of directors and boardroom issues from around the world.
- BoardKnowledge – An educational resource and knowledge base where members can find the latest trends in corporate governance and other key issues impacting the boardroom through blogs, white papers and webinars from BoardProspects’ sponsors.
Through the above features, boardprospects.com offers benefits to both boards and individuals:
For Boards (Non-Profit, Private and Public):
- Go beyond the “who do you know?” conversation in boardroom recruitment
- Access and connect with an exclusive database of board prospects
- Learn the latest in boardroom news and best practices
For Prospects (or “Individuals”):
- Match your experience with boardroom opportunities
- Enhance your career through board service
- Share your talents and expertise with organizations that need your help
We are very proud of the site and will continue to add new features and functionality over the next several months. I truly believe BoardProspects will revolutionize boardroom recruitment and serve as a vital resource to help improve corporate governance. Please try it out and let us know your thoughts – we are always open to improvements.
Share this story